Is traditional school a good fit for your child?
How is traditional school preparing your teen for life in the 21st century?
Is your child focusing on his/her career and life goals?
Does the program integrate technology, communication, financial literacy, personal development, and business skills?
Is your child fully engaged in a relevant curriculum?
Is he/she confident about his/her strengths and talents?
Are you longing for a customized program that meets YOUR teen’s learning needs?
Are you looking for a Public School Alternative?
We are a non-accredited private school registered in California.
Wishing for another option? Your search is over.
Imagine a school experience that:
- delivers exactly what your child needs to be successful in the world
- is personalized to his/her learning styles, interests, passions, talents
- is focused around career interests and life goals!
A place where:
- instead of being stressful, learning is enjoyable and motivating
- instead of labeling students with learning disabilities, we find their strengths
- instead of resisting school, students are eager to participate
Solimar Academy is that school!
A Personalized High School Education – Worldwide
This is a program for parents who want more for their children than rote busy work and irrelevant courses; who want their children to truly learn what they need to know to pursue their goals and be successful in their adult lives; who want their children to have a premier high school experience.
Have you asked yourself these questions?
- Will my child be prepared for the rapidly changing, highly competitive job market of the future?
- Is my high schooler being encouraged to think creatively and flexibly or is she inundated with endless, boring, rote busy work?
- Is my high schooler being challenged to think big or is he drowning in a sea of required courses he will never use?
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT FROM OTHER HOMESCHOOL/INDEPENDENT STUDY PROGRAMS?
- We follow the LearningSuccess™ Model of Education!
- Enrolling families take A Self-Portrait™ Learning Style Profile
- Academic programs are customized to fit your child’s learning style needs
- Students are encouraged to develop their natural Talents and Interests
- Students begin career exploration in first grade
- Subjects are integrated for more efficient learning
- Students learn “how to learn” rather than spending hours doing busy work and endless worksheets
- Families are assigned a LearningSuccess™ Coach certified by the LearningSuccess™ Institute
- Parents learn to coach their children for LearningSuccess™
- We are a California-registered private school and we award high school diplomas
- Curriculum possibilities are endless!
- Programs are customized to meet the needs of students and their families
- Students choose major areas of interest each year
- Students are encouraged to explore and pursue career paths
Curriculum choices include:
Computer programs, videos , audio tapes, hands-on materials, internet, workbooks, textbooks, unit studies, games, field trips, community projects, work experience, travel, community classes, college courses, youth group activities, volunteer experiences, church school programs, 4-H activities, scouting badge programs, independent studies, tutoring others
WHAT ABOUT LEARNING DISABILITIES?
With the LearningSuccess™ Model of Education, most students can shed the labels, including those who are “severely” dyslexic or ADD. When students start this program, they start over! We bring out the star in every child!
- Programs are customized based on students’ talents, skills, and interests
- Skills in weak areas are taught through the students’ learning styles
- We nurture the natural abilities of our potential Einsteins, Picassos, Mozarts, Emily Dickensens, Bill Cosbys, Marie Curies, Babe Ruths, Maya Angelous, Sally Rides, Julia Childses
GOALS OF THE SOLIMAR HOMESCHOOL/INDEPENDENT STUDY PROGRAM
- Develop natural talents & interests
- Develop communication and problem solving skills
- Increase confidence and motivation for lifelong learning
- Help students discover their direction / mission in life
- Develop goal setting and planning skills
- Develop money management and other life skills
- Prepare students for productive adulthood
Choose an education that fits!